Monday, July 28, 2008

Capturing flow of water

It has been always in my wish list to shoot flowing water ! Well visit to northern areas of Pakistan this summer gave me chance to fulfill my desire. I shot a lot flowing water scape there, i shot a lot of images. This is daring Kunhar river that flows through Kaghan Valley. It is known as killer river that will take everything in its way. Crashing water on rocks create horrifying sound that can lead to river phobia ! Rocks ah what a beautiful piece of art full of textures and perfect in shape. I decided to make them part of scene.

Click images to see full galleries

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="400" caption="Canon 18-55 f/3.2-5.6 lens at f/8 at 18mm"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="400" caption="EF-s 17-85 mm at f32 "][/caption]


The Technique


Before any body asks here is what i did to sucessfully capture these images.


To capture flowing water you got to have set your camera for slow shutter settings. I used canon Kit Lens 18-55 at f/8 and f/11. I had 58mm ND 8 Sony filter on it to stop down the light.  Keep shutter speed lower then 1/8, 1/6 sec. The last one was shot at 13 sec with kit lens. If you don't have an ND filter wait till sun goes down and very little light of day is left, this may give focusing tough time so becareful with focusing.


No comments:

Post a Comment